Skip Navigation Documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe® Acrobat Reader.
Security Center – Making Your Personal Computer Safe
- Learn to use built-in security features that are provided with your internet browser instead of disabling them.
- Keep your system and applications current with updates from the vendor’s website. For example, use Microsoft’s Windows Update feature and install any Critical Updates and Service Packs that are available.
- Use virus and spyware protection software and keep it up-to-date in order to detect new threats.
- Use a software or hardware firewall to protect your computer from network intrusion.
- Make sure that any wireless network you connect your computer to is secured and requires encryption.
- Do not download files, install software, or open email attachments from unverified or unknown sources.