Security Center – About Online Account Security
Country Bank employs the latest technology available to keep your Online Banking with us safe and sound. Our Online Banking services are routinely audited to ensure they comply with current banking regulations.
Every effort is made to ensure that your account information is protected from unauthorized access. For questions regarding security, please call (212) 818-9090 and ask for our Information Technology Department.
- All Online Banking data transmitted to us is encrypted, helping to make the data useless if intercepted. This secure connection is established before a User ID and Password can be transmitted.
- Country Bank utilizes multi-factor authentication, including the use of a “watermark”, to keep you safe. A watermark is a personalized image that is selected by you. If you ever attempt to sign on to the system and do not see your watermark, DO NOT CONTINUE to sign on.
- Our Online Banking tracks your individual usage patterns. If the system detects unusual activity, it will demand that a security question be answered to verify your identity.
- Password guessing (brute forcing) is prevented with an account lockout feature. Our systems will automatically lock a user out when an incorrect password is entered multiple consecutive times.
- Users are required to update their password every 180 days in order to minimize the risk of unauthorized access.
- The date of last access to the system is displayed after logging in so that users can verify that no one else has used their account.
- All Online Banking sessions have a time limit for inactivity, which will log a user out of the system in order to prevent someone else from accessing his or her information.
Security GuidelinesThe following information can help keep your confidential information safe while using our Online Banking services. Although Country Bank works hard to maintain a high level of security on our systems, we are not responsible for any breach of security that is beyond our control.
- Do not share your login information with anyone else. If you think your information has been compromised, change your password immediately online and call your local Country Bank branch.
- Choose a hard to guess password by using random letters, numbers and symbols. Do not use words that can be found in a dictionary, or information related to you such as your name, address, birth date, etc.
- Disable any “AutoComplete” or similar features on any computer you use for Online Banking.
- Do not write down your password or reveal it to anyone, including bank associates.
- Remember to log out when you are finished banking online, or are leaving the computer unattended.
- Avoid using unfamiliar computers to conduct any Online Banking, as they may be compromised.
- Avoid using regular e-mail to share information about your account with Country Bank; instead, contact us through the Secure Message Center available within Online Banking or call your local branch directly.